INGROUND & ABOVE GROUND POOL & OPENING SERVICES
Please call us early to schedule a pool opening service, this page exists to answer questions about what we do or to offer advice. Here at Mr Pools we receive a high volume of calls for seasonal services, however even pools that have been closed for longer then the seasonal schedule, we make sure to come prepared to handle any job and make necessary repairs.
Swimming pools with mesh safety covers get so dirty, that it requires special vacuuming and cleaning to get the water to clear up quickly. Cleaning and vacuuming are NOT usually included, and need to be scheduled separately, or added on before scheduling services. We service residential and commercial pools with Chlorine generators, Automatic pool covers, Filtration systems of all varieties, Spa’s, and Control systems. What ever the situation, our special pool service can handle the job.
- Removal of mesh or solid safety cover, then we fold and bag it ( if provided) and put it where you want to store it
- Super shock your pool
- We de-winterize the filter and pump as well as assemble as necessary
- We de-winterize the pool plumbing
- Removal of plugs and installing water directionals
- We install the skimmer basket(s), ladder(s), and handrail(s)
- Brushing the walls and floor surface.
- Removing tarp style pool covers with water bags
- Vacuuming (see descripition below)
- Inground floor systems
- Jacuzzi’s / inground spas
- Clearing water and debris off pool cover
- While we will install salt cells – we do not balance water salinity
- Balancing chemicals – We “super shock” the pool – But rough balancing is extra on a case by case basis
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
EXTRA SERVICE FEES DESCRIPTION
VACUUMING SERVICE EXPECTATIONS:
When the bottom cant be seen because of algae, as the pool begins to clear, you may see small areas we missed with the vacuum head, and brushes. We do a great job for working in the blind, and the initial service keeps the filter from becoming overwhelmed, thus allowing the pool to clear. Vacuuming: If you have a mesh safety cover, this service is recommended, and we charge to vacuum straight to waste with our equipment. This service pumps dirt and algae directly out of your pool, which keeps the filtration equipment from getting overwhelmed and inefficient. It really helps the pool to clear quickly and is reccomended on any job. Suspended algae in the water will die and fall out, leaving piles of dead algae (looks like dust) on the pool bottom. These things cannot be avoided when your pool is loaded with algae, and the bottom can’t be seen.
INGROUND SERVICE CONCLUSION:
The cost normally is innexpensive to open most pools. We do a really thorough job, and alert you to any concerns we notice while we are there. People love that we tell them about their issues, instead leaving them to discover problems, and potential problems for themselves. When we open your pool with a vacuum service, the pool is usually ready to swim in 2-4 days later. All this is providing the pool was closed properly, debris from the pool cover was not dumped into the pool, and the filter is in good working order.
- We will pump off a little water and remove some leaves to remove the cover.
- The cover is then removed and folded for you.
- We de-winterize your filter and pump and hook them up.
- We install the skimmer basket and the return bulls-eye.
- We super shock the pool.
- We expect very little water and some leaves on your cover (see descripition below)
- We do not vacuum the pool for the normal included price
- We also do not install ladders for insurance reasons
ABOVE GROUND POOLS
Most above ground pools have solid covers, so the water underneath the cover is clean!
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
EXTRA SERVICE FEES
EXTRA SERVICE FEES DESCRIPTION:
Extended Description: We charge extra if we have to take twenty minutes to a half hour or more to pump off large amounts of water or remove a large assortment of leaves from your cover. It is always best to call ahead while scheduling so that we can accomodate this for you to save money!
If your pool needs extra services we charge per half hour. Also we have a half hour minimum. If we have to come back to vacuum the pool, we would charge a service visit, and then for the vacuum. Most aboveground pools can be vacuumed in 30 minutes. It is always better to schedual everything at once so that we may service your entire needs.
ABOVE GROUND SERVICE CONCLUSION
Most above ground pools are opened and running with the necessary chemicals for a very efficient cost. Unless your cover fell in during the winter, or you closed a dirty pool, most above ground pools can be used in 2-3 days after opening.
PARTIAL POOL OPENINGS
Partial opening services have been getting pretty popular over the last few years. If you would like to save $50.00 off the cost of your opening, you just need to remove the cover yourself.
OPENING AND CLEANING POOLS THAT HAVE BEEN CLOSED FOR OVER TWO YEARS OR MORE
It tough to put a price on these services, as they usually require multiple visits and many man hours to get clean. We can access your situation and give you a free estimate based on your situation. But I would figure on a $500.00 minimum.