The Standard of Fiberglass
"In 1975, Viking Pools began manufacturing in Northern California with a single swimming pool mold. A second mold was added two years later. In 1979, Viking added an entire line of new pool designs."
"Over the next decade, Viking continued to experience incredible success due to its wide range of products, high-quality materials, customized services, and their use of vinyl ester resin – a formula that would become the benchmark of the fiberglass pool industry."
"Soon new technologies and higher-quality materials were developed which spurred Viking's latest innovation – a new pool made from the finest, most durable raw materials. It is called A.C.P.® (Advanced Composite Pool). Today there is no other pool quite like it in the world."
We Stand Behind Our Product
"As the largest manufacturer of fiberglass composite swimming pools in North America, Viking has produced more colored fiberglass composite pools than all other US manufacturers combined." "You can enjoy peace of mind in your backyard knowing that your product is backed by the industry leading 20-year surface and Lifetime structural warranties."
The Viking Advantage
"Viking Pools manufactures an impeccable product with unsurpassed service and a lifetime warranty. In addition to various pool styles and sizes, Viking offers more options than any other pool manufacturer with features like perimeter tile, inlaid tile, tile mosaics, Crystite® pool finishes, built-in water features like cascades and streams, fiber optic and LED lighting, and in-floor cleaning systems to provide you with a superior pool that compliments your home and your lifestyle. Viking makes owning a pool a lifetime of pleasure and enjoyment."
"In 1991, Viking Pools introduced its Crystite® finishes to the North American market. At that time, no other US manufacturer was offering any other colors except White and Light Blue. In fact, up until about seven years ago (2006) almost no other manufacturer producing pools in the United States offered anything but White and Light Blue."
"In the twenty-one (21) years since the introduction of Crystite®, Viking Pools has manufactured, and our dealer base has installed, over 45,000 Crystite® swimming pools. The performance of the Crystite® finish has been outstanding relative to fading and durability."
"Crystite FinishesBecause of that exceptional performance over the past 21 years and the additional accelerated weather testing that has been performed to ASTM standards, Viking Pools offers a 20-Year surface warranty on all of its Crystite® and Diamond Series™ fiberglass composite swimming pools. (Started March 2010 and does not cover pools produced prior to that date.)"
- "CON'S: Limited size and shapes"
- "ECO-AWARENESS: Fiberglass pools act as a natural insulator, requiring less electric/gas to heat the pool. Algae is less prone to attach to the smooth surface of a fiberglass pool, requiring less chemicals and maintenance."
- "BILLABLE MAINTENANCE: Chemicals, Electric Cost"
- "MAINTENANCE COST FOR 10 YEARS: $4,200.00"
- "CON'S: 4-8 week installation by subleased contractors. Concrete shows through around the pool's etching (edge). The surface is rough and abrasive and also stains and discolors easily. Porous surface is a breeding ground for algae and other micro-bacteria. Cracks in freeze-thaw climates and requires acid washing and replastering. High maintenance; monthly pool service required, excessive use of chemicals and electricity."
- "ECO-AWARENESS: Acid baths emit fumes into the atmosphere. Re-plastered waste adds to our landfills."
- "MAINTENANCE COST FOR 10 YEARS: $16,950.00"
Pros & Cons
Viking Fiberglass Pools
"PRO'S: Quick installation(3-5 days). Permanent home improvement that can be customized to compliment your home and your lifestyle. Proven product with factory controlled quality. Flexural strength that prevents cracking in freeze-thaw climates. Stronger than concrete. Smooth finish means no skin abrasions. Non-porous surface resists the problems associated with imbalanced water chemistry, requiring less chemical maintenance, labor, electric, and is algae resistant. Most pool options available perimeter tile, inlaid tile, tile mosaics, Crystite® pool finishes, built-in water features like cascades and streams, fiber optic and LED lighting, vanishing edges, and in-floor cleaning systems.""
Gunite (Concrete) Pools
"PRO'S: Unlimited design capabilities. Permanent home improvement."